Monday 29 July 2013

Moving House or not

Hi Friends,
I must apologise for the recent lack of posts on my blog but I was completely snowed under packing all my belongings for my house move next month, I have been a fan of miniature gaming since the age eleven so as you can imagine I have had thirty years to acquire a lot of stuff, I shuddered when I first inspected my loft and realised it would take weeks to clear. 

*Update* The house moved never happened I sold it then cancelled, the pressure of the whole event lead to me breaking up with my long term partner so I am sitting here in a painting room stacked to the ceiling of boxes of classic gaming stuff, I still aiming to attend the Oldhammer event as I am fully booked for everything and only have one more miniature to paint for the RoC warband event and a squad of marines or renegades for the RT event.

I did want to show the throng of boxes packed with all sorts of goodness inside before the move but now the are stacked up neatly and are definitely not going back up the loft to be forgotten again.

No condolences please I am in doing OK and in a good place can't wait to meet all the guys I do not know in person this August, I shall try and post something worthy soon just having a brief hiatus, don't write me off sometimes real life gets in the way.

Cheers
J


8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a tough time James...but you seem to have a good attitude about it. Hang in there! I wish I could attend so we could meet in person.

    now get that last guy painted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back in the blogosphere Jason. Looking forward to having a pint with you in Nottingham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing the last guy painted Jason and then slaughtering the whole lot on the field of battle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I regret not to to be able to attend this year. Definitely looking forward to next year though. Real life does get in the way but we old hammerers are a patient lot.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep look forward to seeing you and glad you could let us in on the issues, always good to know why someones gone quite for a bit.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Im looking forward to seeing some more Rogue Trader stuff around here :)

    (I still have a couple of cat minis if you want them too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, for going through a bit of a rollercoaster there, you seem to have a good attitude about it. I almost had a similar moment of panic. My boyfriend and I have been looking into South Carolina real estate, and once we settled on a house, I had so many second thoughts. I'm sure you did what was best for you in the situation. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you are taking it well, long time lurker first time poster here, I can sympathize being in a somewhat similar situation having first broke up with my (for want of a better word lover), where in she left without a word, followed by more recent family strife meant a move may be imminent and like you I have a passion for rogue trader miniatures especially, when I was informed of what might soon come to pass, my first reaction after the initial horror was to brew a cuppa and sit down and have a paint and a think only to take a look around my desk and various shelves and be filled with fresh horror and rising panic at the prospect of wrangling all those miniatures safely packing them away and hoping the movers are gentle, so apologies if this might sound flippant or patronizing (I really do not mean it to be) but things will get better, as I sat ruminating on my own turmoil I realized that things may change but my miniatures, my friends and the comfort both bring me remains a constant and no matter what my future brings, 40k and the good times that come with are going to keep coming.

    ReplyDelete